Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Do you ever wonder what happens to this blog behind the scenes?

I can tell you. From the outside perspective. As a blogger, you are busy with life and think "Oh! I have GOT to share this!" And then, when you get time so that you stop and sit down to write? And forget what was so exciting. You sit there, you hem and haw. You check facebook. You browse through your overly full inbox and think that it should be cleaned out, but you generally don't feel like it. So then you hop over to Pinterest and get sucked in for a bit. You decide that all is lost, you might as well get up to do something TRULY productive again, and go on your merry way. It only takes a few moments before you are busy and the memory is back and you are itching to write it all down. Somehow, along the way to the keyboard, the phone rings, a child talks to you, or the cat meows and it is all over and you are back to square one. This may even happen several times over!

You get past that and you sit down the next time, and wonder if you really had such a great idea after all. Was it earth shattering? nope. Was it new? Fresh? Appealing to anyone besides your kids or cat? What about the dog, did he care? Oh, husband didn't care...hmmm... Then the questions start coming to mind: Has someone else written something like this? Who will care to read it? What if this is boring to them? And the list could go on and on.

Then, there are the questions of pictures: Hmm, that one shows the mess on my counter. If it is posted, what WILL people think? Ok, not that one. What about this one? Argh! If I just edit that out, it would be a great picture! Yeah, but then that wouldn't be *real*. What is the point of a post if it isn't real and from the heart?!?! Why do I blog again? Oh yeah, because there is a lot to say and I want to share ideas with someone besides my poor husband who would rather not hear about project attempt number 327 and how the pieces just didn't fit together like I planned.

Now that you know the running commentary in my head? Welcome to my blog with a fresh purpose for 2013. Grab a cup of coffee while we chat. I know, you aren't truly chatting with me, but what is the point of writing if it isn't *to* someone? It makes it more personal. And that is what this blog is all about. Each and every blog has something unique to them. I am a mom, a wife, a homeschool teacher, a home business owner, a friend, a daughter, sister, niece, cousin, neighbor and so much more. Each of my roles in life will color what I share. The randomness, the reviews, the ramblings... what? you don't ramble? That is ok, I tend to do enough of that for all of us!

And speaking of pictures? Why is it that the cutest ones always seem to have half naked little kids in them? PLEASE tell me, I would love to know.

The Mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment