Friday, November 1, 2013

Gratitude Challenge 2013 - Day 1



I am participating in the Gratitude Challenge with my friend Brenda over at Quiet Pandemonium.  Go check out her page and see what makes you grateful this month!


"What if... You woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"  Is a question that swirls around facebook every so often.  A friend recently posted it and it got me thinking again about whether I am truly being thankful for everything I have.  I have a family, a home, a car to drive, food to eat, water to drink, and so many little (and big) comforts in life that so many others do not have.  I often ponder whether I am thankful enough.  When Brenda offered the Gratitude Challenge, I decided I need to participate.

To kick off day 1, I am sharing my gratitude for warmth.  Blankets, a wood stove, space heaters, heat packs, extra clothing...whatever it is I use each day to be warm.  After trick or treating last night, a friend and I bantered back and forth about the weather and how it was too cold to stay out long and it hit me how many do not have those things that we "chose".  Those who are homeless or those who work outside in our region don't always have the luxury of warming up a rice bag in the microwave or warming a blanket next to the wood stove to get that extra little snuggle.  Lord, do not let me take these things for granted.




0 comments:

Post a Comment