Monday, March 4, 2013

Itching for spring!

A few weeks ago, during one of our beautiful blizzards, I started getting the itch.  You know, that "Spring Fever, can't wait to get my fingers in the dirt and see those amazing little plants start from that teeny tiny seed" itch.  The one that starts well before the frost is out of the ground.  The one that makes you dream of all the hard work that makes you wish it were winter when you are bent over and digging out weeds in the middle of July.  Yeah, that itch. 
.
We sorted out our seeds, took inventory of what we have and what we want and need.  Each year we start hundreds, if not thousands of seeds.  We find it hard to wait until the specified time of the year.  Each year, we learn new things, reinforce things we've learned in the past, and get new ideas for the next year.


A couple of months back, I got the chance to review a garden planner to help me figure out when each of my seeds should be started inside for the best chance to plant outside, and it even gives the dates when one can reasonably expect to harvest produce if all goes as it should.  I can't wait to try that out.

Tomorrow, look for a review of an ebook on starting seeds.  While I have had years of experience, I also have enough experience to freely admit that there is ALWAYS more to learn.  I am excited to share this one with you because it even answered questions for me that I hadn't ever thought to ask.

0 comments:

Post a Comment